Ava Grace turned 1 year old last week!! She had a big day filled with lots of fun!! We were at the beach with all (and I mean ALL) of the Shaw family. My dad's family is HUGE, but they manage to all get along so well. They come to the beach for a week every summer and this year we decided that as a family would would go too. We had a great time!! Ava Grace rolled in the sand, even ate some of the sand, and loved jumping waves. She even got knocked on her bottom by a wave and just shook her head and started laughing. I guess she gets it honest....she is going to be a "beach girl". Luke and Ava Grace had a ball playing with each other. I think he was finally glad that she was old enough to actually play with him. Too cute!!




Ava Grace isn't a big fan of cake! After having two little birthday parties and behaving the same way, we have determined that she loves cake, but not the icing. I guess it is the healthier part of the dessert!! She took one little bite and then scraped the rest of the icing off to dive into the cake. She did have it all over her face, but not quite as messy as I thought she would be. She loves everything she has received for her birthday!! Thank you to everyone who sent her gifts!!






Ava Grace also had her 1 year doctor's appointment this week. Everything was great!! She is weighing in at 22 pounds and is 31 inches long. We have really noticed how tall she has gotten lately. The doctor said that her hips are looking better too - YEAH!! She is not quite walking yet, but we don't think it will be much longer before she takes off. 

3 comments:
Can't believe she's 1 already! Micah will be 2 tomorrow. It goes by fast. She makes Micah seem like a little bitty thing...he only weights 25 pounds!
Such great pictures! I can't believe she is a year old! Where did you get her cake? She looks like she was about to dive in.
I can't believe Miss Ava Grace is 1 year old already....it seems like yesterday when we were all anxiously waiting her arrival. Gina, hope you and Ava Grace can come to Myrtle Beach while Uncle Ray & I are there in August....We miss you Bunches!!!!
Love,
Aunt Susan (Aunt Susu)
Post a Comment