
I am very fortunate to be on the year round calendar with school, so I get a 3 week break in September. It is a wonderful time of year to be away from school for a little bit. We definitely took advantage of the beautiful weather in the mountains and in Greenville. Before one of Uncle Doug's football games, Ava Grace, Cece, and I went to Falls Park at the Reedy River in Greenville. We just walked around, watched the ducks, and played in the ampitheater area. The water was too cold to get into even though the temperatures were warm outside. That is ok because the last time we were there, Ava Grace and I slipped on the rocks and nearly landed in the water with our clothes on. Here are a few snapshots from Falls Park:


We also visited the pumkin patch at our church. They delivered over 5,000 pumpkins to be sold this year to benefit our summer youth mission trips. It is amazing how many they sell every year - 5,000 is a lot of pumpkins!! Ava Grace really had a great time picking out a pumpkin this year. She walked around to every area and picked up one and said "I want this one". At the end, we ended up choosing a pumpkin for our table outside and a little pumpkin just for her. Ava Grace placed that one in the kitchen so she could look at it when she eats at the table. We have talked about carving a pumpkin for Halloween, so she is really looking forward to that in a couple of weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment