We had an awesome getaway to Jamaica during December!! It was a much needed vacation from all of the craziness of everyday life. Our days were spent out in the sun (70 degrees or so), out in the rain (very peaceful days), and hanging out with friends we met while there. We rented a cabana one day which may have been our favorite part of the entire trip. It rained the entire day, but since we were covered and poolside, we didn't care. The rented cabana came with butler service all day long (in which we enjoyed a fantastic lunch and beverages of choice) and a neck/back massage. It was fabulous!!! Our evenings were spent eating yummy food and then either singing karaoke, watching dancing contests, or sipping wine while talking with others. Everyone at the resort was very friendly all the time!! Tim and I thought (like many Americans) that people in Jamaica say "yeah, mon" all the time. Well, it is a fact....they say "mon" all the time!! I think the phrase we heard the most was "no problem, mon" and "yeah, mon". They have their own language too, but I can't remember what it is called as I could not understand any of it even after learning a couple of phrases. It was an amazing trip!! 
New digs!
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment