
Ava Grace went to the doctor yesterday for her 6 month check-up. She weighed in at 17.3 pounds and measured 27 3/4 inches. WOW!! We can't believe that she is so big already!! Everything else, with the exception of her hips, checked out well. If you remember, we had to double diaper Ava Grace until she was 3 months old due to her hips being immature and a little loose. They seemed to check themselves out until now. Unfortunately, it seems that her right hip is a little loose again and her creases aren't matching up. So, her pediatrician is referring her to the Shriner's hospital in Greenville. Ava Grace will see a pediatric orthopedist at the hospital. Isn't it amazing that doctor's are that specialized? We don't have a clue as to what the doctor will say, but we pray that Ava Grace won't have to endure too much pain (not that she is really in any that we can tell) whatever the treatment. We know God will take care of her!!
So, she really did have a great check-up overall. I guess we just have a little investigating to do to make her even more perfect!! :) We will let you know the outcome of our appointment.
4 comments:
Papa Charlie will be with Ava when she goes to Shriners! I think Papa was there twice a week checking on his children-Keep us informed! We love you!
I know you must be nervous and fearing the worse (been there, done that too). Between you, Tim, and the doctors she'll be in the best shape in no time. I am always thankful for doctors who refer quickly because babies have an enormous ability to heal themselves. Mine have and I know yours will too!
Hi Gina & Tim,
Ava Grace is strong and will be fine. Can't wait to see you guys in April.
Love to each one of you,
Aunt Susan
She gets more precious every day!
Post a Comment