
This past Saturday we saw our first snow of the winter. It was pretty as always and the best part was that it didn't stay around too long. It was extremely cold though!! Ava Grace kept pointing outside saying "aining" which means raining. I tried to explain that it was snow because it was white, but I'm sure she didn't get the concept. She did, however, enjoy the snow hitting her in the face as we played outside for a bit. She laughed and laughed - too cute!! Also, she wore this toboggan for two days straight. Our cousin in southern California sent it to Ava Grace last year, but it was too big for her head at the time. I am thinking we are going to get LOTS of use out of it this year though!!

Once the snow stopped, we went to Johnson Farm (Historic Farm that our school district owns) for their annual Christmas. Ava Grace and I rode on a horse drawn buggy (hay ride really). So, she got to see some horses and got to pet a donkey. She didn't mind petting the donkey, but as "Chelsea" (the donkey's name) would turn her head and nose, Ava Grace wasn't too sure about the animal being that close. She never cried or anything, but held on tightly to me. So, as you can imagine, there was no way she was going to sit on Chelsea for a picture or anything. We watched other kiddos make crafts, but she was too young for that just yet. There was a Christmas tree representing every school in our county, so we looked at all of them. They were all very creative and made me proud to know that I worked with some of those children. We went on a tour of the old house on the land, but that didn't last very long as Ava Grace doesn't quite get the concept of "Do Not Touch". Ava Grace also got to sit in Santa's sleigh although Santa was missing and a teddy bear took his place. She liked it nonetheless. After our fun, we ventured into the main building where she enjoyed a big cookie and I enjoyed some hot apple cider. We have the best apple cider that is made at our numerous apple farms. YUMMY!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment