YAY!! Ava Grace gave up her poppy this weekend!! We talked to the Poppy Fairy about coming on Friday night because she was going to leave her a small present and we wanted Ava Grace to have time to play with it (instead of rushing out the door to school and Nanny's). The Poppy Fairy showed up as planned! Going to bed on Friday night took a little big longer, but it really wasn't that bad. Ava Grace was worn out (thank goodness), so after 5 minutes of intense crying - wanting her poppy - she laid down, listened to three stories, and dozed off to dream land. She woke up "ready to go" on Saturday morning as she didn't have a poppy to make her feel sleepy. I think Ava Grace asked for her poppy 3 or 4 times during the day on Saturday, but when given an answer - "you gave them to the Poppy Fairy so that other babies might use them because you aren't a baby anymore" - she was satisfied. Since then we have had wonderful, easy transitions into bed and sleeping all night long. I didn't think it would be horrible for her to give up her poppy (since she only used it at night anyway), but I didn't think it would be "no big deal" to her. I'm so proud of her!!! Way to go, Ava Grace!!
1 comment:
That is so great! I know you are thrilled for her!
Post a Comment