
Christmas Day was so much fun and so exhausting!!! Ava Grace had a BIG morning since Santa found our house! She talked non-stop and attempted to pull some bibs out of her stocking. Of course her gifts were more for her mommy and daddy (hand sanitizer, bath wash, bibs, etc.). She did receive her very 1st baby doll though and I have to say, it was a hit! Ava Grace stared at it and talked while looking at Tim and me like we knew what she was saying (we know it made sense to her).
After opening presents, we headed down the mountain to Uncle Doug's house to see if Santa found Luke and indeed he did. Luke and Ava Grace exchanged presents and she was so excited to receive her gifts (ok...so I was so very excited and she just put it in her mouth). Aunt Stacey and Luke went to Washington DC a few weeks ago and brought back Ava Grace a Redskins cheerleading outfit and t-shirt that she can wear next year. To some of you that may not be a big deal, but to me that is a HUGE deal. I have been a Redskins fan since I was a little girl, so you can imagine how excited I was to open the gift. We will have to add some Miami Dolphins (Tim's and Uncle Doug's team) and Panthers (everyone's team, especially Uncle Steve and Jen) gear too. We ate brunch with Cece, Uncle Doug, Aunt Stacey, Luke, Cousin Lee, and Cousin Avie. Cece made shrimp and grits (a favorite)...yummy!!
We then traveled to Meme and Pop Pop's house for the Perry Christmas. Everyone was there - Uncle Steve, Aunt Diana, Justin, Uncle Evan, Aunt Deb, Brittany, Rebecca, and of course Meme and Pop Pop. We had a blast!! Rebecca entertained Ava Grace during dinner which was a huge help. She also entertained her throughout the afternoon and helped once with opening a gift for her. Rebecca was too cute playing Santa passing out gifts to everyone. Ava Grace received some awesome clothes and toys that she will definitely enjoy for the next year. Everyone cooked a little bit for dinner so Meme didn't have to do all of the work. Everything was delicious!! Tim made a Chocolate Delight for dessert and it was yummy as well. We spent the night at Meme and Pop Pop's house and then headed to Cece's house the next morning.
We enjoyed playing with Cece, shopping a little, and just relaxing while watching football. Brendan and Jonna's wedding party was on Saturday night. We had a great time!! Congratulations again to them!! It was a quick trip, but fun as always. The weather was perfect - 70 degrees. I wish I could have bottled it up and brought it back to the mountains because reality hit when we got home. It has been cold here with 60 mph wind gusts. That is normal for this time of year, but it was spoiling to be at the beach.
Your head may be spinning now, so I will close. We hope everyone enjoyed their friends and family at Christmas. What a special day for our little girl!!
1 comment:
Sounds like you had a busy Christmas too, but also a GREAT one. :-) Hope to see you soon!
Love, Nat
P.S. Will you email me Becca's blog? I used look at it from yours, but I didn't see the link anymore.
Post a Comment