Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Parties

Well, Ava Grace has attended her first two Christmas parties. On Friday late afternoon, Nanny had a party at her house for "her kids". Let me just start off by saying WE LOVE NANNY!! It was so sweet and so fun to watch the kiddos play. I think we all appreciate the chaos that she endures every day while we are working. She said a few words about the children (which almost brought us to tears) and then each child received a gift. Ava Grace and Olivia (9 months old) both received a spinning top. Do you remember the toys we had as children where you mashed the top down and little balls or whatever spun around inside. Ok...that was the toy she got. Ava Grace kept beating hers on the side....she'll figure it out soon enough. Nanny had refreshments for the children and for the parents. It was great!! She is such a blessing to our family!! I don't know what we would do without her!!
On Saturday, my "Etowah girls" and their children came over to make cookies and hang out. All of the children didn't make it because of various reasons, but the ones that were here had a great time. Emery (Keri's daughter) wanted to help the "big people" make cookies, so you can imagine how creative a 4-year-old made cookies look. Jennifer chased Elijah most of the time trying to keep him off of the stairs. I promise to have the baby gate next time, Jennifer! Jill brought her 1 month old little girl, Sophie. Even though it was only 4 months ago, it is hard to believe that Ava Grace was ever that little. Kim came sans children because they were tired from moving their uncle's stuff from Haywood County all day long. Amanda wasn't feeling well, but came to socialize anyway - we're so glad she made it. Emily also came bringing good food...she always begins the unique stuff!! Everyone brought appetizers and I made homemade (yes I said homemade) peppermint hot chocolate. It was sooo good!! It was so good that I had another cup after everyone left and I cleaned up the kitchen! I worked at Etowah Elem. the first two years I was in Henderson County. There are 7 girls (including me) that became friends and we try to get together about once a month to visit. The kiddos are always with us and sometimes the husbands/boyfriends are invited. It is a lot of fun and I am so glad to have these girls as friends!!
I think that is all of the partying we are doing this season. We are looking forward to visiting with our families and enjoying Ava Grace's first Christmas in a few days.

2 comments:

Amy Rhymer said...

I hope you have a very Merry Christmas! I'm sure it will be your best yet now that you have Ava Grace. I can not wait to see her grow up.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the great Christmas card. Ava is precious!

Holiday Hugs to all three of you and your mom Gina.
Love you Nancy (Ganz) and John