
Happy Memorial Day (a few days late)!!! Better late than never though! We had to go to school on Memorial Day (I have done that every year since I have lived in the mountains...always a makeup snow day). So, I thought I was the only person who forgot to dress my child in red, white, and blue, but when I got to Nanny's, I realized that NO ONE was dressed in red, white, and blue. I think because it was a normal school day for us, it kind of slipped our minds. That is not a great excuse because I realized what an important holiday it is and have known people that have fought for our country and been killed in the line of duty. So, when we got home that afternoon, we gave Ava Grace a flag and took a picture and had our own Memorial Day celebration. She was too cute - waving the flag like she was supposed to. Of course she ate the top of it first, but has really enjoyed playing with it all week long.
It has been a busy two weeks up here, so I haven't had time to blog. Sorry!! I hope to get back to blogging next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment