We had a very busy weekend!! When I got to work this morning, I felt like I never left from Friday. Ava Grace and I had a good week last week though. Ava Grace had a great time at Nanny's house everyday and I had busy and crazy (as usual) days at school. We had lots of rain on Friday which caused Ava Grace and I to sit in traffic for an hour and a half on the interstate in the afternoon. We needed the rain badly, but could have done without all of the accidents. Tim and the UNCA baseball team had a golf tournament on Friday as well. They actually played despite the weather and a good time was had by all. After the tournament and after we got out of traffic, Ava Grace, Tim, and I went to dinner with the parents of a current baseball recruit. It was really nice to get to know them! Unfortunately, Uncle Doug's team couldn't pull out a victory on Friday night - Mauldin lost to Boiling Springs.
On Saturday, Ava Grace and I ran some errands before heading to the university for the Bulldog World Series. Due to the rain on Friday, the games had to be postponed until Sunday. So, we didn't get to see any baseball, but Meme, Pop Pop, and Rebecca came up to visit. Ava Grace was soooo tired, so she slept for most of the visit. Rebecca did get to hold her for a few minutes though! Tim, Ava Grace, and I went home to watch some football before meeting some more recruits and their parents out for dinner. It was a long day, but a nice way to be with some friends and meet some baseball prospects.
On Sunday morning, Ava Grace, Cece, and I headed to Winnsboro for Lacey's baby shower. It was great to see the family and visit with all of them. Baby Cobb got some great things and Lacey looked great. Our cousin Erin was also there. She is pregnant and due with her 2nd son in January. She looked great as always and Grayson (her first son) is so incredibly cute!!! After the party, we loaded up in the car and headed back towards home. Cece went back to Uncle Doug's house and Ava Grace and I made it home in time to see some more football. Can you tell that we watch football EVERY TIME that it is on the TV???
So, that is about it from the Perry household for the weekend. We have started another week of work and going to Nanny's. I'm sure it will be a good one!!
New digs!
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment