Saturday, October 11, 2008



What a big weekend!! Ava Grace and I have had a very busy, but fun Friday and Saturday. The weekend festivities began by going to Uncle Doug's football game on Friday night at Dorman. Unfortunately, the Mavs couldn't pull it through and ended up losing 37-6. Uncle Evan, Aunt Deb, and Brittany came to the game too (although Brittany hung out with her friends from Dorman). We were so excited to "camp out" at Meme and Pop Pop's house with Brittany for Friday night. It was fun to have a girl's night together!!


On Saturday, Ava Grace, Brittany, and I headed to Wofford to meet friends for Homecoming. I showed Brittany around campus a little and told her several stories about my adventures there. Don't worry...I didn't tell her the really bad ones!! :) We walked to tailgate with Becca, Remsen, and JR. Gance and Poppy (Becca's mom and Stepdad) also tailgated. It was so wonderful to see all of them and to introduce Ava Grace to them as well. JR has grown so much - hard to believe he is already 7 months old! Where does the time go? I have a feeling he and Ava Grace are going to have some fun play dates in the future. What? Just because he is a boy doesn't mean that he and Ava Grace can't play together when they are really young. After that, he is going to have to keep his hands off! :) Just kidding!! We also visited with our other good Wofford friends: Catherine, Will, Clara, and Parker Gramling, Lindsay, JP, Caroline, and Jack Patrick, and Sloan Fleming who had a weekend without her daughter Hannah. It was great to visit quickly with them. Their children are beautiful and so much fun to watch. Ava Grace was constantly watching all of the children running around her...probably wishing she would get away from me for a while and do the same thing! :)


After the Homecoming events, Ava Grace and I headed to downtown Greenville to meet up with Uncle Doug, Aunt Stacey, Luke, Kristi, Kameron, Kelsey, Beth, and Madison. It was Fall for Greenville weekend which means lots of food, beverages, music, kids rides, and overall good time. Ava Grace really enjoyed it as she was able to look around at everything and everyone. I even had a hard time feeding her at one point because the people around us were apparently more interesting. We enjoyed our time with everyone even though it was only a few hours.


So, we are now home and really tired. It was such a fun weekend though!! Hopefully we will get to see everyone again really soon!!

1 comment:

Remsen and Becca Parrish.... said...

Homecoming was so much fun--I was so happy to finally meet AG!