Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Another busy weekend




We had another busy weekend as usual. Ava Grace and I went to Uncle Doug's game on Friday night against Byrnes. If anyone saw the score, it wasn't pretty. However, the score is not indicative of how the boys played. It looked like Byrnes beat them badly, but our kids played well - just made a few costly mistakes. They play Hillcrest this weekend and then it is off to the play-offs. We are counting on a win this Friday night - Go Mavs!!


On Saturday morning, we hung out with Uncle Doug, Aunt Stacey, and Luke. It was nice to sit around and chat. We haven't done that in what seems like forever. That was the first time they held Ava Grace since she was 2 weeks old. She smiled and cooed and also cried...the emotions of a baby change so quickly! After our short visit, Ava Grace and I headed back up the mountain to the university. The Bulldog World Series continued this weekend. It was a beautiful weekend for baseball!! We also attended the volleyball game against Winthrop. Our UNCA girls won in 5 games!! YEAH!! Ava Grace enjoys the volleyball games and her daddy is hoping that she continues to be tall and maybe play one day. There were more recruits in town for the weekend as well, so we headed to dinner. It was nice to visit with Christine and Kendall while getting to know the recruits and their families better.


On Sunday, Ava Grace and I went to church before heading to the university again. it was the last day of the Bulldog World Series and the series was even - blue team 2, black team 2. In the end, the black team ended up winning!! The guys played really well. I hope that is just a preview on what our season will be like in the spring.


So, as you can see, Tim, Ava Grace, and I haven't slowed down much since I went back to work. I know it is all going to catch up with me very soon. It has been nice to have Tim home more though, so it is worth being busy!!

No comments: