Saturday, November 22, 2008

What a week!

So, this has been by far the craziest week since I went back to work. Work is going well, but it is seriously hard to function without a computer. Yes, I have been TRYING to function without a computer for 5 weeks now. I FINALLY got my laptop back this week and I can't tell you how excited I was. I could have kissed the secretary who gave it to me!! :) So, I thought my job was going to get easier with the laptop - just kidding. I accidently erased 5 reports and a ton of paperwork for meetings off of a disk. Oh yeah - that's right! So, as I was on the verge of tears, I decided I better suck it up and get busy because it was going to take me many hours to redo everything. So, on top of the other work that I had to do this week, I had to reconstruct reports and paperwork for meetings. Our big federal deadline is Dec. 1st which means with the Thanksgiving holidays, everything has to be turned in by this Tuesday. It definitely was BAD timing to lose all of that stuff!! I didn't get in bed any night before midnight this week and of course was up at 5 am as usual. Thank goodness Ava Grace slept through the night this week. I'm not sure if I could have made it through 5 days without crying if she hadn't done it. She must have known how stressed I was (and still am because the work is far from over).
On a better note, it snowed 2 days this week which is always fun to see. Of course the best part is that it didn't stick to the ground for very long which means we were in school. No one really wants to miss school before the Christmas holidays, so it has worked in our favor so far. The bad part about it is that it has been incredibly cold. It was 17 degrees this morning when I got up! Brrrr!!!
Another birthday....I know it seems like we know everyone, but this is a special one. Yesterday (21st) was Price's birthday. Some of you know who I am talking about, but for others, Price is actually Mrs. Price. When I was a little girl for some reason, I just decided I would shorten her name to Price and it has stuck. Her grandchildren even call her Price. Yesterday was her birthday and I am sorry that we weren't there to celebrate. Her daughter Paige is a baker at home and the one who made my wedding cake. YUMMY!! Paige had the cutest cake made up for her with ltos of her favorite candies. Price even wore a Birthday Princess hat all day! Too cute!! There is no relation, but Price and her family have always been special friends in our lives. So, happy birthday Price!! We'll see you in a few weeks!! :)
I'm sure there are other things that have happened this week, but I can't think right now. Hope everyone has had a good weekend so far!!

2 comments:

Amber + Joe said...

Sorry about your week at work. Can't say I'm missing that right now. I wish I had got to see you in Charlotte during the conference, but I know how precious those moments are with your little girl.

Anonymous said...

WHAT A WEEK is right! Things will improve!

Happy Holidays to you all!
Ganz