Saturday, November 15, 2008

Football News


Well, Ava Grace sported her Mauldin Maverick football attire yesterday in hopes to bring good luck to Uncle Doug and his football team. Unfortunately, Mauldin was unable to pull out a victory against Clover - losing the game 49-32. It rained the whole game and there was even a lightning delay during the 4th quarter. I just know that if Mauldin could play Clover again on an equal playing field (no rain) that OUR team could win. So, we are sad that the season is over, but we are so incredibly proud of the accomplishments of the boys and the coaches (especially uncle Doug and Cousin Lee).


Since I am writing about football, I wanted to say a brief word about a friend of ours. Coach Gregg Skipper (Skip to us) coached at MBHS for 28 years. He coached under my dad and coached my brother in middle school and on the JV football team at the high school. I honestly can't remember not knowing him!! On Friday morning, we received some sad news. Skip was killed in a car accident about 1/3 mile from his house. He was still coaching at MBHS with this year being his last. MBHS played Airport last night in the 2nd round of the play-offs and won!! They did it for Skip!! He will be greatly missed by my family as well as many other people in the Myrtle Beach community. Thanks for all of the good times and fun memories. I smile as I think of you right now!! We love you Skip!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy 4 moth Birthday little girl!
Best wishes to you,
Ganz(JR's gammy)